1. The entity has the main elements of the corporate identity clearly identified: vision, mission & values.
2. The vision is well formulated and provides explicit guidance on what the organization aims to achieve.
3. The mission statement provides both front line employees and the management a strong sense of direction and priorities.
4. The entity's values drive employee behavior as they are strongly embedded in the organizational culture.
1. The strategic plan is well articulated and thoroughly implemented and executed across the entire organization.
2. The organization has both a short and long term perspective in terms of strategy formulation.
3. All relevant Internal key stakeholders across different hierarchical levels are engaged during the strategy formulation process.
4. Relevant external stakeholders are engaged during strategy formulation by collecting their inputs.
1. The strategic plan is supported by a set of strategic objectives structured on multiple layers and perspectives.
2. Every objective is assigned to a particular owner for monitoring, reporting and accountability purposes.
3. Cause and effect relations between the objectives are established in a logical and clear way.
4. The entity uses a balanced combination of both financial and non-financial objectives.
1. The KPIs reflecting objectives achievement are consolidated and visualized in a one page document, such as a Scorecard structure.
2. The KPIs reflecting objectives achievement are relevant and clearly defined.
3. The organization uses a Portfolio of Initiatives to centralize and monitor strategic initiatives.
4. The performance management system is very well aligned and integrated across the entire organization.
1. Regular performance review sessions support the strategy implementation with a monthly or quarterly frequency.
2. The strategy review and realignment is conducted with the involvement of all key stakeholders.
3. As a result of the strategy review process all relevant documents of the strategic plan are updated and realigned based on the approved decisions.
4. All relevant adjustments of the strategy are communicated across the organizations to all key stakeholders.
1. Strategy is communicated well to internal stakeholders and all employees.
2. There is high level of awareness, transparency and understanding of the entities strategy both internally and externally.
3. There is a Strategy Management Office or a full-time position dedicated to strategic planning and implementation
4. There is a comprehensive manual or chapter of a manual reflecting all the key organizational strategic planning procedures and tools